Creativity is hard work. It’s one thing to be inspired; it’s another thing entirely to be productive. I find myself lately full of ideas backed by zero action. What’s holding me back?
- Laziness and procrastination
- Fear of failing or being misunderstood
- Getting bogged down by distractions
- Making excuses about not having enough time or not having enough to say
- Waiting for the perfect set of circumstances to start instead of just starting where I am
It’s nice to sit around thinking pretty thoughts but it’s also very nearly useless if I never actually birth those thoughts into some form of creative reality.
Sometimes the most important thing I can do is…start. I can stop thinking about what I want and start creating it. I can stop wishing things were different and change them. I can type the first word. I can take the first step. I can begin where I am with what I have.
Creativity is a hard and a beautiful thing; but it’s worth the beauty and it’s worth the work.
So let’s get started.
“If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn’t seem so wonderful at all.” Michelangelo