I’ve noticed in myself a tendency to see the one thing that went wrong before I see the ten things that went right. In an effort to be more positive, grateful, and conscious of all the good around me, I’ve started jotting down little lists of things I’m thankful for or enjoying.
I thought it would be fun to share a few of these things here each Friday. I hope you enjoy :]
- To Roman being little and the time we have together with just him before his sister arrives.
- To being pregnant and feeling my daughter move and grow. This final trimester of pregnancy can be hard and I often think, “I just want to be done!” I find myself daydreaming about a post maternity body and clothes and feeling like myself again. But I don’t know if we’ll have more children and I’m trying to savor and enjoy the incredible experience of being pregnant rather than rushing through and just wanting to have the whole thing behind me.
- All the green! Though it’s still cool outside here, I’m loving all the flowers, blooming trees, and baby leaves beginning to pop up. And we have grass in our yard this year! This is huge after having the yard torn apart remodeling our house and spending last year with a brown, weedy, muddy mess of a yard. Give me all the green 😀
- The Freckled Fox. I stumbled across Emily Meyers’ beautiful blog about a month ago and I’ve been so inspired by her words and mindset. Check her out!
- Of worrying about what other people think of me. While I don’t want to be a jerk who cares nothing about what other people think, I also don’t want to live constantly concerned about how people see me or what they’ll think of me. In the end, most people don’t really know me that well or understand why I say, do, or think the way I do so I’m letting go of trying to please everyone else and learning to do what’s best from a place of sincerity rather than a place of fear and expectation.
- Of eating out. That probably sounds silly but we spend way too much money eating out and grabbing food in the car between errands. I’ve noticed lately that for how much you spend eating out, the food generally isn’t that great. I can buy better food and cook a better meal at home for less so I’m trying to plan our days where we land at home for meal times rather than in the car scarfing down fast food.
What are you holding onto, letting go of, or loving?
4 thoughts on “The Good Stuff: Vol.1”
I’m holding onto time…time with my sweet husband, my family, it all goes by so fast. I’m letting go of “stuff,” I mean seriously, how important in the long run is stuff?? I’m also letting go of worry..for all of the days in the past filled with worry it never changed a single outcome. I’m loving the time of life I’m in right now, loving the birds that come to my bird feeder each day. Loving so much my family..what a precious gift!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Love this idea ❤
LikeLiked by 1 person
After going through the flood here, realizing things are not that important, but people are.
For sure…good reminder ❤